We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Stomach, head, leg, everywhere ... for several months, your child has recurrent pain that his doctor can not solve. How to relieve it? The advice of Dr. Elisabeth Fournier-Charrière, pediatrician specialized in pain at Kremlin-Bicêtre University Hospital.
Chronic pain unexplained, what is it?
- Unexplained chronic pain is a frequent or permanent pain that lasts more than 3 months and whose doctors (general practitioner, pediatrician or specialist at the hospital) can not determine the cause after a series of exams.
- Even if no factor of organic origin is recognized, they are real pain, which can be invasive and disabling for the child and his entourage. Sometimes they lead to some form of social exclusion: the child misses school regularly until he is out of school, he no longer practices extracurricular activities ...
- These chronic pains can occur at any age, but are especially important for children and adolescents. The very debilitating pains affect about 3% of children.
- These are stomach pains, chronic headaches daily that resist the usual analgesics, but also muscle or bone pain in the legs, back, or "everywhere".
- Chronic pain can also be fully explained by some well-known diseases. Migraine, haemophilia, sickle cell disease, cancer, rheumatism (juvenile arthritis ...), cystic fibrosis, can also cause troublesome chronic pain that is often underestimated.